Arthritis Community
T2 Hyperintensity

T2 Hyperintensity

Im a Veteran trying to find out information from my results of an MRI from my right radial head of my elbow. Due to the state of our VA system I am comming here for answers, since they wont be able to scheudle me in for months.
The reuslts are as follows ..
There is a small fracture line and cortical disruption seen along the medial aspect of the radial head, forming a triangular shape coronal images. Fluid sensitive sequences demonstrate small focus of residual T2 hyperintensity on this presumed nondisplaced fracture fragment. There is mild subchondral sclerosis of the radial head.

No subluxation or dislocation is seen. The articular cartilage along the medial aspect of the radius is on not well visualized, likely thinned.

A small joint efffuision isseen without evidence of inta-articular loose body.

I have no clue what all this means. If anyone can be of help i would greatly appreicate it.
first, I am not a medical professional.  I searched some terms from your post and found the following online at different sites.  That said, you may want to check out www.emedicine.com/Radio/topic874.htm.  From my cursory searches on the net I this is what I was able to glean.  The T2 test is used in reference to tendons.  Subchondral sclerosis (increased bone density) can be symptomatic of osteo arthritis.  Joint effusion refers to fluid build up in the joint and can be symptomatic of arthritis.  Cortical disruption seems to be something they look for as a sign of fractures.
It all sounds painful to me and I hate to think you are suffering.  Is there any way you could go to a doctor outside of the VA?