Arthritis Community
Unspecified inflammatory polyarthropathy

Anybody know what this is? My dr. didn't explain it and I can't find anything on it.
hi, Im not sure if this answer is going to be completly correct, but
it may give you a start to find the info on the net search.

I had a ruemy dx  polyarthritis, when I Looked it up it mainly meant
arthritis in more that 2 or three joints.

also your doc does say inflammatory (self explanatory there)

but does not give what type of inflammatory arthritis. (there are several types).

your doc should be or should do some blood work up and testing
if he hasnt already.
I hope this gives you a small place to start your search.

Also, Dont be afraid to ask you doc about what type of arthritis it is,
that question should be a conversation opener for him and yourself.
                           Take care Warkitten
Thanks for the reply. It's not the polyarthritis. It's polyarthropathy. From what I understand, which isn't much, it's not the same thing.
Avatar n tn
polyarthritis and polyarthropathy are basically the same thing. itis means 'sickness or inflammation of'  and pathy means basically the same, arthro means 'joint',  and poly means 'many', hence sickness or inflamation (inflammation) of many joints of an inflammatory nature .There are a number of  inflammatory polyarthropathies such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, lupus and others which can be found on the web by looking up inflammatory polyarthritis. The Canadian Medical Association Journal has an excellent article on the diagnosis and management of inflammatory polyarthritis.
My first DX is Undifferentiated autoimmune inflammatory Arthritis. A Lab Rx was sent to my postal mail yesterday with DX of Inflammatory polyarthropathy (= polyarthritis). **Think I'm @ the same ole place of undetermined autoimmune arthritis .. but taking risky MTX. Gotta have Peace, hope, faith, love, joy...
Hi Elizabethe316,

This thread is six years old. The posters and participants are no longer active - at least not to my knowledge. Sadly they won't hear your comments.

We welcome you and are here to offer our support and share information. If you have a question or concern please begin a new thread. Just click on "Ask a Question."

I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Care,
~Tuck