A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

WOKE UP WITH SORE FINGER

I woke up two days ago with sore joint (closest to palm) on ring finger on right hand.  Hand and fingers got more swollen as day progressed.  Took anti inflammatory tablet that night with dinner and next morning everything back to normal with only a little bit of joint pain.  As anti inflammatory has worn off - back to sore joint and swollen hand and fingers (not ridiculously swollen but tight when clenching fist).  Can move joint but is noticeably sore.  Is this arthritis or have i just pulled a tendon in this finger?  Have not injured it and just woke up with the sore finger.  No noticeable redness or anything else.  I am 39 and in good health.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
623944_tn?1244039090
It is possible you did something slight, not realizing it, that caused a minor injury to the area. Maybe even jammed it in your sleep. If it doesn't go away after about a week (ish) it might not be a bad idea to consult with your doctor if for no other reason then to rule out arthritis. Do you have morning stiffness lasts less than 1 hour then returns at the end of the day or after periods of activity? Or is it sore and swollen all day, reguardless of activity?
Blank
Every joint in all my fingers on my left hand are extremely sore. My hand is swollen but not so bad I cant make a fist, Pregnisone is the only thing that gives me partial relief but I cant continue taking this. I had trouble with this problem a few years ago then it stopped. I had 5 different Rheumatologists look at it and all had a different synopsis. My hand feels like I hit a concrete wall as a hard as I could. Any suggestions?
Blank
971283_tn?1247771172
Hello Buckmaster,

I'm having the same, I'm thinking I have Gout...I'm taking a cherry extract and am going to drink lots more water..  I don't want  to tak nsaid's I'm trying to use Ice as much as possible..  good luck,

Dan
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank