Arthritis Community
What is Next Step?

What is Next Step?

Let me start by saying that just a couple of weeks ago I was diagnosed with arthritis in my right shoulder.  It has been hurting (burning, stabbing) and popping/clicking very loudly for 8 months now.  The pain wakes me up at night and there is not a day that goes by that is not hurting very badly.  The doctor rx'ed Feldene (20mg) as well as gave me a shot in my shoulder joint. I go to bed with a heating pad every night. Sometimes I awake with my arm numb.  Let me also say that I was brutally assaulted in February, that is when this pain began. (I had surgery to correct the left orbital blowout fracture with entrapment) I am also having pain in my neck, back and some pretty bad headaches in the left temple and behind the left eye. (I also have had hormonal migraines, BUT am having "different" headaches)  I am suffering from some daily memory loss and my jaw was cracked and hurts as well. I know that is a great deal to tell you, but wanted you to be informed. So far, I have seen the ortho for the shoulder, I am wondering if this arthritis pain will improve.  The shot did not seem to help too much, and the feldene is also coming up short.  I have also been taking tylenol arthritis, I also am trying some of the rub on cremes.  Additionally, I have started the glucosomine chrondroitin (i understand that takes time).  Is there anything further I can try?  The pain is ruling my life. What is my next step?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  
Tags: feldene
Hi, sorry to read of all you have been going through.  It must be very stressful and stress will aggravate arthritis pain.  I would suggest you talk to your doctor about getting something stronger than tylenol arthritis to alleviate the pain you are experiencing.  While it is a great product, if pain is ruling your life something more is needed.  You may find that once your other injuries from the attack are resolved, you will be able to go back to the Tylenol.