A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What causes ANA elevated ?

I am 53 and recently injured my wrist; finding I had a bone spur/ and strain to my hand...the RA came back
neg...the gout neg...but my ANA should be 95 ; it's 500 / Lupus--neg...Does anyone know what might be
causing the elevation and palpatations. Raitonlizing all I see is pain / therapy/ meds/ helping little by little,
the elevation of ANA is still scary ...Dr. suggests if problem persists, see a rheumatologist. I also have
fibromyalgia. The therapist seems to think it's osteoarthritis ....on her level.  Thanks .
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
623944_tn?1244039090
ANA can be elevated in people without an autoimmune disorder, especially in us women as we get older. There are several other blood tests that would need to be run called Anti-nuclear Antibody Assays (9 different values) as well as C3 & C4 complement. These combined can help determine or rule out an autoimmune disorder. From my understanding Positive ANA + low C3 + low C4 = possible lupus, they must have run at least the C3 & C4 as well because it came back negative for Lupus.
Don't let the ANA scare you...
Best of luck
Blank
Thanks so much ...for the information ....I'll finish therapy and see a rheumatologist later if it keeps bothering me/ last resort; bone spur removed...but for the elevated ANA,
I'll remember your info ...Thanks so much .

Mary
Blank
623944_tn?1244039090
Your welcome. Best of luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources