What type of doctor best treats fibromyalgia?
I am 45 years old.  Female.  I have left frontal lobe epilepsy proven by EEG.  Yet even though seizures were controled I continued to have extreme fatigue, numbness in head, face, legs, feet, arms, and hands.  I felt as though I had golfballs on side of spine at neck and hips and up and down back.  I could not sleep.  My joints hurt.  Exyreme pain al over.  My mouth and eyes stayed dry.  I had a positive SSA,SSB and other tests were postive for sjorgrens.  I went to a rheumatologist who said I also had fibromyalgia and ostioarthritis after x-rays and other tests.  I am taking so many meds who is the best specialist for me to see.  I live in Columbia, SC...any doctor you reccomend.  
A rheumatologist is the kind of doctor I would suggest you see but perhaps you should get a second opinion and see another rheummy in your area.  It is possible that you are in the early stages of another autoimmune disease and it is not showing up in the tests (as happened to me and many others) or you may be one of the few that really does have FMS.  Fibro is a diagnosis that should only be given when all other tests are negative.  It is a long process of elimination.
My sister-in-law lives in Columbia and her sister who has Lupus does too.  I will see if I can find out who her rheummy is and will drop you a note.

Thank you.  The one I am seeing.  Barely gives me three minutes when I am there. Now my hair is falling out.  I do not know if it is meds. or one of my many illnesses.  I am confused and just do not know where to turn.  
It is definitely time to see another rheummy.  I am trying to get the name of one my SIL's sister sees, but don't wait on me.  Will send it to you when I get it.  In the mean time plse see if you can find another one.