Why am I hearing this popping sound?
Hi all. The last few weeks I hear my joints popping? Its not everyday but sometime during the day and usually at night. It sounds like something needs oil or something? Help
Popping joints can be caused by tendons rolling over the joints, gas escaping the joints or from the uneven surfaces of arthritic joints.  Do you have arthritis?
Thanks for asking. Yes I do have Arthritis. My rheumy thinks I might have RA even though I tested negative. I do have Fibro. My sed rate is still very high and I have anemia. Joint stiffness in morning and in various joints. Hands and wrists hurts as well as shoulders  and lower back.
I 'm currently taking 15mil meloxicam,7mil prednisone,40mil nexium,90mil cymbalta,and repliva. It's helping some. but I still have days when I'm very tired feverish and in pain.
It is definitely possible to test negative or low positive and still have RA.  With Fibro symptoms it is definitely something your rheumy should be monitoring like he/she is.
I bet your popping is related to the arthritis.  I know sometimes I snap crackle and pop!  Hopefully the meds you are taking will have an effect on the popping as well as relieve your pain and inflammation.  If not, definitely mention it to your doctor.  There may not be anything he/she can do, but it is worth asking.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  We are here to support and help you any way we can.