Arthritis Expert Forum
Widespread bruised feeling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Widespread bruised feeling

I have experienced a widespread bruised feeling over my body for the past five years. It is currently a chronic feeling.  I have had acute "attacks" where for three days or so, it is more of a severe pain where it even hurts to have clothes on my body. This pain has been in my neck, trunk area, arms, back, neck, face and even scalp at times.  It basically hurts to touch any area when in an acute stage.  Currently, the pain is not as severe, but is widespread.  When I put lotion on my arms or legs, that actually is very uncomfortable for me.  The best way I can explain the pain is if you were to press on a bruised area on your body.  I have also experienced once, pain in my left hand as if it were broken accompanied with swelling to the elbow with no injury that lasted for a day or so.  Lately, I have also been having sensitivity to heat in my hands and feet.  There doesn't appear to be any color changes but when I wash my hands or take a shower in mildly warm water, my hands/feet feel as though they are frostbitten.  This comes and goes.  I have had blood work done about 2 years ago. Negative ANA, RH factor, sed rate normal.  However, a few months ago my sed rate was elevated in the 40's when doing routine blood work, without any apparent infections or illnesses.  I have no idea what is causing this pain which does not seem to be normal and am seeking possible answers.  Even with negative tests for Lyme, Rheumatoid arthritis, and Lupus are they definitive at early stages?  Can these disorders be ruled out definitively if tests were negative 2 years ago?  Where do I go from here?  I have also been told by family doctor that symptoms also do not seem to fit Fibromyalgia as well.  Thanks for any help you can give me.