Arthritis Community
arthritis

arthritis

my four year old son has joint pain and hot swollen knees and ankles which he is unable to walk on my doctor said this is viral what does this mean ? its not the first time to have this it's about the third can any body help?
It could be parvivirus B19 otherwise called Fifth's disease.  It usually clears up on its own but it can painful joint symptoms in some people.  Does your son have any rashes?
yes he gets a rash this is the fouth time to have this can Fifth's discease keep returning thanks for your answer.
Yes, I believe it can.  I had an appt this morning with an infectious disease Dr and we talked in great detail about parvo.  In children, they can give them immuglobulin therapy if they have anemia with it.  It can trigger an over response of the immune system.  I would ask your Dr about it.  Unfortunately there is no actual ************** for parvovirus...  Just try to keep him comfortable as you can, give him some ibuprofen for the pain and some moist, warm heat on his joints.  Please keep me updated on how your son does with this.

Many Hugs,

Spastic
thanks again will be seeing doctor in a couple of days will ask  about parvo . he is feeling much better today  which is good hard to see in such pain when they are small with no answers
haxpax  

My daughter is 3 yrs old.  She has similar symptoms however, usually only in the morning.  She has been diagnosed with JRA (Juvenile Rhuematoid Arthritis).  I'm not sure if your son's symptoms only occur in the A.M. or not...hope this helps...
not at any time in particular can have it for a couple of days but it would be bad enough that he won't be able to walk.it is mostly he knees and ankles. he is walking very awkward and his feet tend to be ichy
hmmmm....the itchy part somewhat throws me off.....I do know that JRA is associated with only- joints whether its the knees, ankles or elbows etc....however I do know that rash is associated with it as well.  Whether the itching comes with it or not I am unsure......I would definately look into it.  My daughter does tend to walk awkward as well though....