Aa
A
A
Close
back and knee pain
is topamax used to treat a back injury? everything that I reads say migraines, seizures, well I don't have seizures or migraines. I have a bad knee and I have a bad back.  I started Topamax and it makes me feel so bad.  The pain is worse than before? is this normal? my feet hand and vision are all affectative. Numbness in feet and hands, just plain can't see. blured vision. lousy feeling
I am a diabetic, over weight, a total wreck for the last 4 years
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
401890 tn?1372717129
I can only comment on my dealing with Topomax.  It really screwed my head up.  Always had a lightheaded feeling and it also affected my vision.  I know, from experience, that docs will use some of these epileptic/seizure meds to help with neurological pain.  It may be that they need to try something different.  You need to contact your doctor and let them know of these side effects.  Being diabetic and overweight too, you need to be careful.  Please call your doctor and tell them.
Comment
Cancel
401890 tn?1372717129
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
469901 tn?1276567223
Jmar is right about the way the anti-seizure drugs can mess with your ability to function.  Please do call your doctor and get your treatment adjusted.  
Comment
Cancel
469901 tn?1276567223
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
547368 tn?1440545385
Blank