Arthritis Community
blood tests

blood tests

I have a positive ANA ,ESR is over 40 ,High C3 and C4 but negative RF,BP and cholesterol is high. X rays show moderate to severe
degenerate of spine from my neck down,finger and toe clubing, light rashs on face,around ribs,back,arms legs.Severe swelling arms and legs ,some face,Pain/numbness legs feet,ankles ,wrist,fingers. I can't walk much at all because of pain in back/neck,legs ,arms.My vision is shot and some hearing loss,tremors,lumps on arms.leg and arm atrophy. Muscle spasms form hell and raynauds. My doctors are still running tests for RA,Lupus and A.S. . My grandmother had lupus,cancer,diabetes and arthritis does run in our family . I read that with lupus the  c3 and c4 levels are usually low and I'm concerned that maybe my doctor is heading in the wrong direction? I'm just a little scared it's taken several years to get to this point and still I don't have any different answers . I'm still waiting on DNA ,HLA-B27 test. I'm scared that my spine is going to get worse before I know what this is that I am fighting.
My question is are my doctors running the right tests? Do you think that a spinal mri is needed or am I just worring for nothing?I can't tell you how much I want to be normal again.  
Welcome to our community, I am so sorry you are going thru all of this.  Everyone here knows how scary it is to have all these things going on with our bodies and not knowing the answers.  We will try to help you thru this with our own experiences, remember though we are not doctors just folks who are walking the same path as yourself.  We can offer the support you need to talk and vent.   That said, in my opinion I think your doc's are running the right tests for now, so many diseases mimic others and so it becomes a matter of ruling things out to get the right dx.  Keep in mind as well that you could be dealing with more than one disease.  I was dx with Reactive Arthritis 4 years ago, spent 4 months in a wheelchair, sed rate was 110.  I have since been dx with A.S. as well and am currently taking Enbrel.    It's ok to be scared, heck I was terrified and I'm one tough independent woman!  I will suggest to you what I tell all members, check out the Arthritis Foundations web site, it is very informative.  There are over 100 types of arthritis out there.   How long have you had these symptoms and if you don't  mind my asking how old are you?    Please stay in touch with us and hopefully some other members will be along shortly to tell you their story and give you support as well.  We will help you get thru this, I promise!

Sue