Arthritis Community
blood work showed low red cells and inflamation(inflammation)

I have been referred to a rheumatologist because my bone doctor took x-rays and they came back fine but the blood work showed inflamation (inflammation) somewhere in my body and my red blood cells were slightly low.  I am a disabled 31 year old female from an accident in 1998.  Since then I have had vascular necrosis of my hip and had a complete hip replacement at the age of 26.  Now I am rittled with pain throughout my whole body but mostly lower back and wrists and my right elbow.  I am very stiff in the morning when I get out of bed and the pain is an aching throbbing pain.  I also contracted MRSA when I was in the hospital in 1998.  My father has rheumatoid arthiritis and I heard it can be hereditery and through research online there are many forms of rheumatiod arthiritis.  The bone doctor tested me for lyme disease and rheumatiod arthiritis and both came back negative.  What could be the cause of my severe pain?
With a family member with an autoimmune form of arthritis and your symptoms, it is definitely possible something is going on but it may not be RA.  What other blood tests did your doctor run?  Do you have the results?  Did they take xrays of the joints in which you are having pain?  What about an MRI?  Is your doctor helping you with your pain?
interesting... because i am having severe pains in my lower back. It started in my lower back and spreaded to my hips. I went to er twice and they say i spranged my back. I know that isn't the case. I am not a doctor but i do believe I have arthritis. M yaunts and grandmother all had replacements by the age of 35. Go figure..... I am 33. I am walking with a can right now and popping percocets like no tomorrow. I need to go see a speciallists.