Arthritis Community
bone chips in hip

bone chips in hip

I had total hip relacement in February 2008.  I now have  bone chips that have adheared to my new hip.  My doctor said my body formed these bone chips.  Is this possible?  When I had my other hip replaced, I went for radiation on my new hip so as to not get bone chips on that new hip.
Tags: hips
I'll ask my doc tomorrow, he's an Ortho Surgeon, specializes in hip and knee replacements. Will check in with you tomorrow.

Sue
smittygirl
I would appreciate any information that you will get in regards to my bone chips in my hip.        

nburde
Hi, Im new, and not sure if this is relevant to the forum... My 13 year old son is a skate boarder, he recently fell banging his hip. It was badly bruised and a little cut but did not require medical attention (oe so I thought). After it had healed, he had a tiny lump that moved around a little under the skin. I made GP appointment but then cancelled it after it seemed to go away. Then he found it further down his leg! It has moved further down again whilst we await the GP appointment, and today he cannot locate it! We assume it is a peice of chipped bone. Is it possible it could cause serious damage? Or enter any of his organs?