Arthritis Community
chest and back pain

chest and back pain

i  feel like there is a lump in my throat  tightness in my upper chest and a pain in the middle of my back and the top of my stomach between my breast feel really hard and sometime short of breath what could it be
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of chest tightness, back pain and throat irritation could all be attributed to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus. If the pain is aggravated with work or exercise then it could be due to cardiac pain. Cardiac pain or chest pain can be felt as a tightness and worsens with activity or exercise. This could be more relevant if you are a smoker, are overweight, have a positive family history, are a diabetic and have hypertension. But when in doubt always best to have it checked. So please consult your primary care physician who may ask for an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.