chronic pain
I have had chronic pain in my left shoulder, shooting down my arm at time and pain in my left hip with shooting pains.  Sometimes my left side is so weak that I am unable to pick up and carry a gallon of milk without support from my right hand.  It has been going on for a few years but has recently gotten worse despite things I have done to try and stop it such as sleeping on my right side only, changing the size of my purse to a very small wallet size, etc, etc.  Can someone give me an idea what could cause this?  The pain is so bad at times I am brought to tears and is happening more and more often.

Kelly Reynolds
Please go to a doctor and have this addressed.  You must treat the issue not just the symptoms.
The pain in your shoulder and into your arm sounds like some type of nerve compression, possibly in your neck.The hip maybe a SI problem, it could be a number of things.

I agree completely with the post above, your really need to see a Doctor before this gets more serious.

Take Care