Arthritis Community
could it be PGP

could it be PGP

Iv got arthritis an I'm 17 weeks gone but my hips get sore anyway but lately iv noticed a pain coming from my groin it can get.to the point were I start to hobble while I walk its mainly in my right leg can be.either my coming from bottom the bit were my bottom an leg meet or starts in my groin coming from my pelvic bone can.hurt even lying or sitting an.walking while talking to my sister who had this with both her pregnancies she think I mite as well
Hi there,

This may not make sense, but groin pain when you walk means that's the actual hip joint. Pain on the outer part of what you might think of as the "hip" is more likely from bursitis, inflammation of the capsule or "bursa" surrounding the spot where several muscles and tendons come together. One bursa is on the side of your hip, another at the back, which makes you feel like your butt is sore. The actual hip joint is at the spot where your leg meets your torso, aka your groin.

There are some non-surgical things that can be done to lessen the pain, followed by some minimally invasive procedures to "plane" or smooth out the rough, damaged weight-bearing surface of the joint. Eventually you may have to have a hip replaced, which sounds scary but with today's techniques and advanced materials, it can give really great pain relief that lasts a very, very long time. I've had both hips replaced and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure i understood - did you mean you're pregnant?

Hip pain is pretty common in pregnancy. The extra load of hormones in your bloodstream causes the tendons and ligaments to soften and stretch in preparation for delivery. So if this is the case, the pain could be temporary. However if it is really causing you pain that interferes with normal activities, definitely get it checked out.
Sounds like with your pregnancy there is more pressure being put on your hips that is causing this groin pain.

Would be wise to see your doctor to confirm that that is the case and not any urinary infection.  Take a urine sample with you when you go to see the doctor.

Best wishes.