could this be something other than JIA?
I was diagnosed with JIA at the age of 16 (symptoms presenting from age 12), RF negative, ANA negative, ESR usually elevated but not too terribly. Joint pain, morning stiffness, swelling, limited range of motion presented in more than 6 sets of joints. It is my opinion that I was diagnosed mostly on the basis of my symptoms. Additional issues were cramps in lower legs, joints locking up, mouth sores. No cause or correlation to anything was found at the time. Methotrexate didn't help much, but I did see improvement after combining it with Enbrel. However the treatment had to be stopped due to acute infections. After getting fixed up from all that my Arthritis supposedly went into remission and only started emerging again over the past few years (I stopped all therapy in 2007).
However I am skeptical whether the diagnosis was correct, as I seem to pick up more symptoms. At this time along with the joint pain I get episodes of blurry vision, phantom smells (last days), persistent headaches that start in the morning or during sleep (past few months daily), slight fever a few days per week, several episodes of auditory hallucinations, twitching eyelid during headaches (rarely but happens), frequent bruising, fatigue, irritability, irregular menstrual cycles.
Is this common for Arthritis at all? Should I get tested for something else?
Hi there!

It would be difficult to comment on this one. The diagnosis if JRA is mostly based on clinical evaluation, while laboratory tests are mostly used to support the diagnosis. JRA could also present with additional symptoms, while both could also result from infections and other causes. Another possibility is the systemic issues being unrelated to the joint issues. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or a rheumatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!