Arthritis Community
diagnosising arthritis

diagnosising arthritis

How was your arthritis diagnosised? Mispelled sorry, I have pain in my joints, fingers elbowsm knees,
for arthritis you should visit a hospital and a blood test for R factor.
Thank you waheed38
You should be seen by a rheumatologist.  They are best at diagnosing and treating the many different types of arthritis, soft tissue and auto-immune issues.
I agree you should see a rheumatologist - they are the best qualified for this.  They can also do whatever blood testing, xray[s, etc. that you need.

Sometimes they will give you a "diagnosis" of arthritis based on physical exam, however, they really can't tell you how advanced it is without some sort of imaging study such as xrays.
Thank you both :)
First see your doctor.  Then ask to be referred to a rhematologist.  (may be different here in UK).  I had x-ray which did not show much, but a CT scan showed a lot of arthritis in back and hips.  
hi just to let you know i had a blood test to diagnose my arthritis hope you get some answers
Also keep in mind that you may not test positive for Rh factor, and still have all the symptoms. A blood test is only one tool.  
When I was diagnosed with RA they drew probably 2 dozen vials of blood.  You need a rheumatologist that really knows what they are doing.  Do not hesitate to get a second opinion with the same lab results.

I went on one of the biologics for close to a year. They are a godsend for people with crippling RA.  Unfortunately, my blood pressure went so far out of control that long term joint damage was not my biggest problem.  Not having a stroke took priority.

Been fighting bp control issues 2 years now with pcp, cardiologist, nephrologist, hypertension specialist and still have to have "emergency meds for when it goes to the stroke zone.

Recent checks of rfactor showed it was still high ( not surprised) but now I also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  I as look back, I wonder if they got the RA right or if the Hashimoto's was misinterpreted.