Arthritis Community
dont no whats going on

dont no whats going on

i have been diognosed with fibro. and phoriatic arthritis. a couple of months ago i woke up could not move my neck and the pain was unbearable finaly i went to the hospital they said it was a strain i new it wasnt after a couple of days i could move my neck but still had pain but i had to keep my neck tilt to the  right and when  i went to tilt it to try to be straight with my spine i would get this electic shock like i was getting electricuted in the neck at the top of my spine after bout a week it finaaly went away but my question is i still have alot of pain in my neck thats the same pain but not the shock it runs down my thru my right shoulder and im having alot of pain in my shoulders and almost everyday now is a headache from my neck ive talked to my dr. and he said it was a neck strain as well does anyone have simular situation on telling me what to do or who to go to ???
I can relate to the description of feeling electrocuted.  That sounds like nerve pain and, in my opinion, that is the worst pain of all as it does not respond to pain pills.  While the muscles may also be strained, something more may be going on.  You have suffered with this "strained" neck too long.  I urge you to see another doctor and get another opinion.  Have they given you anything to help?  Have you tried applying heat to get relief?  
I have fibro and also degenerative disc disease; the pain in your neck (in my opinion and I'm not a doctor) is not fibro. I agree with txsliver - it is nerve pain. Have you had an MRI of your neck?  I get headaches from my neck, too. I think, like txsilver said, I'd get another opinion.
thank you for your response, do you o what kind of dr to go to?
I would recommend a seeing a neurologist.  Please let us know how you are doing and what you find out.