finger pain
I was pulling open my cars jammed ashtray, it was stuck so I pulled harder and my 2 fingers....middle and ring finger both popped, now I have pain when gripping things or flexing them, what could cause this
Hi!
The pain could be due to tendonitis (inflammation of tendon), ligament injuries, or muscle injury. Usually the popping sound indicates a ligament or tendon injury. You need to apply ice pack, give rest to the fingers, and take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory such as tylenol, ibuprofen, or naproxen. Please consult your doctor regarding this. You may need an X-ray and MRI. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Great help