growth on clavicle bone
I have a growth on my bone to the left of my throat.  It is the size of a ping pong ball.  It does not hurt or move.  I went to my doctor who sent me for an x-ray and the doctor said it was mild arthritis.  I'm not sure this is an accurate diagnosis.  I have no pain, etc.  Can you help.

Thank you.

Cheech
I have the very same thing and the same was told to me but it is very large and I am worried about this abnormal mass. Did you have any followup yet or any directive on a course of action?
I have the very same thing that was discovered about 4-5 years ago.  Two years ago I was treated for breast cancer and my oncologist is sending me to an orthopedic doctor to be checked.  I have arthritis in my back also.  Neither of these causes my pain but the bump on my neckline is ugly.  I exercise regularly and play tennis and golf.  I do not have discomfort when I do this either.  Of course I am worried since I have had cancer.  I will let you know after I go to the doctor.  
I have the very same thing, only on the right side. I noticed a few months back and forgot it, but now it seems much larger. There's no pain but it is rather ugly. I'm very interested in what anyone else discovers. I don't have any arthritis that I know of, but I did have an injury to my right shoulder several years back.
I know an older lady that was just diagnosed with mild arthritis in her clavicle. She is in pain and the doctor didn't prescribe anything for the pain. Is it still mild arthritis when there is pain involved? The pain is worsening and getting unbearable. What should she do to relive some of the pain?
After having nagging pain in the area of my right clavicle near my larynx and a strange itchiness in the skin below, Then I noticed a knob-like bump had formed at the end near my throat. I finally saw my doctor to find out what was going on. she sent me for an MRI.  Of course I thought I had bone cancer. The MRI revealed moderate to advanced arthritis.That was really a surprise because I've never been involved in I have no other arthritis. Both my mother and her mother did have arthritis in their hands.  The question I have is whether that bump would get much bigger and possibly grow too near my larynx. I can't find answers to that or whether I should do anything more about my physical condition.
Many years ago, a doctor told me to have ALL masses removed. Until it is biopsied, there is no way to know if it is benign or cancerous.

I have a mass on my left clavicle and I WILL have it removed - as soon as possible.