Arthritis Community
hand & finger pain

hand & finger pain

For the past months my pinky and ring fingers as well as my left hand have been hurting. (all on left hand)  Do you know why?
I just had sugery Tues. 18th for those very symptoms. I had carpal tunnel and ulna nerve release sugeries. In 2005 I had arthoscopy surgery on my left shoulder due to spurs and my right shoulder in 2006.  My reg Dr. sent me for a nerve test forget the name EMT?? not sure. Was diagnoised with the carpal tunnel and ulna nerve thing. Have insisions in hand and elbow( haven't seen yet) More annoying than painful but can lead to more serious problems. My pain is mainly in my shoulders, especially my right one and my right shoulder blade. Your shoulder, back, spine and hands will probably need checked.
Hope you get some answers.

Linda49
Any pain in your neck. Sitting here now and my lefe side of back-upper and upper left arm is hurting so bad. The arm is numb and get worsr as it goes down. L. thumb and 2 next to it  tingles and is numb feeling but also hurts. (?). Waiting fot MRI. Afraid because this is how I felt when had ruptured/herniated disl. Had surgery in '98 & '99. Fell at work ( W/C denied states pain from where I had surgery 10 years ago. Later --1 1/2 hours after answetring sup. question as to when would no longer be off restrictions and told her not sure, I was terminated for poor job performance. No ins. knee being covered by W/C. Not only deal with pain but those W/C "mafia" also. Sorry I got off track. Just asking if any history of neck strain or pain. I guess I really need to take pain meds. I try to hold off as long as I can.. Family says all would be ok if I didn;t take all those meds. HAH. Thety should have seen my BPD  and ADD before I was palced on "all those meds" (5). How do you all deal with the pain. At times it makes me so mean, my husband will bring the Lortab, give to me with diet coke and say here, I can;t take any more. I guess when we have a disease it truly is a family disease,because the family is also affected.  Sorry for hogging the space. Just need to get it out. I am scared for I know almost for sure that I am facing another surgery. I do not want to but if that will rid of pain, BRING IT ON !!!
Thanks for the support that is given to all that need.  :-0)