hyperextension of finers on left hand
I fell at work last Au. they tell me that I did not break any thing but I hyperextended all fingers on the left hand. I was treated with a splint and sling for 2 wks the an pa in an ortho's office who said i would be fine in 2 wks, what a joke. I then went to the Ortho dr, who then said about the same thing as pa but included in his nots that I had less edema in my hand than I did before surgery, I NEVER had surgery, went to second pa, he was the best but suggest I go to abother dr, in a larger city, did this now I am being told that the rest will take time and I am being cut loose from his care, I understand thathis is a comp case and they do not get the big $$$$ for seing me, no talk of surgery or cordizone, I have been going to hand therpy but its been cut back to 1 x a week the pain is some what gone, but the swelling is still there and now my middle finger and ring finger are almost atttached and the endex finger is drifting a way from the others, any suggestions, hand therpy is nice but does not seem to yeild much.
Please tell me more about what actually happened to your fingers when you hyper extended them and what makes this a complicated case.  Based on what you have written, I am guessing that you stretched/tore/hurt your tendons and ligaments.  While these do take time to heal, sometimes surgery is required.  The best thing you can do is learn all you can about what they diagnosed you as having, the treatment and complications of this condition and keep going to doctor after doctor until you get a treatment plan you believe in or find a doctor you trust.