Arthritis Community
joints pain.. could it be RA

joints pain.. could it be RA

Hi. i'm a 47 years female. In Dec 2010 both hands got numb every night till Feb 2011 i had pain in both wrists. my hands and wrists got swelled for a week. hands and wrists pain extended to elbows, knees and ankles. during this time a GP prescribed me Celebrex, Neurontine, Lagaflex, solpadein and some vitamines. he tried each one for a while for no effect. i went to 4 more doctors 3 rheumatologists and i got 3 different diagnostics (one prescribed Ebertrexat + Folic acid and the other Cymbalta + Plaquenil, the 3rd wanted all blood tests to be repeatd and emphasised on Hashimoto's Disease (my TSH is normal)) and still waiting for the opinion of the 4th doctor. i have a positive ANA dot nucleus pattern titer 1/320 and ESR 58, RBC/Hb/Hc are a little bit under normal levels, RA test and Anti-CCP are negative. the last rheumato ordered to repeate ANA, ESR, Anti-CCP and CBC tests and am still waiting for the results. i still have 2 weeks to wait. during this time i would be thankful for any info. could tgis be RA ? doctors kee telling me that it is inflammatory polyarthritis.. but doesn't it have a specific name? please help i'm so confused, the pain is tiring me, i work as a programmer from 9 to 5 then a work as an accountant from 6 to 8 so i have a busy schedule and i need to keep going on.. waiting for any comments.. thanks.
It sounds to me like RA.  Most NASAIDS will not help RA.  I myself have been on methotrexate for 10 years along with prednisone.  Rheumatoid Arthritis is not difficult to diagnose so I don't know why you would visit so many different doctors.  
hi.. thanks for your concern... in fact i had an app. with my rheumy yesterday and in her opinion i have lupus but still in its first stages (even though i don't have any rash???) but she said it's not RA because my symptoms don't match. my morning stiffness lasts for about half an hour not more and during these 7 months there was no swallow elbow or knee or any other joint but the joints pain is not going away. now she put me on plaquenil 200mg twice/day and zaldiar and she said the medicine will take effect after three months.
in fact i started taking the pills yesterday since this is the least arthritis medicine concerning side effects.....but still having doubts. i'll be happy to receive any comments
I really have lost all faith in doctors.  To me they are just drug pushers with a license.  I was diagnosed in 2001 with RA.  At that time I started taking Methotrexate and Prednisone.  I must admit that it did help for a few years but then I started developing a rash that continued to consume my whole body. Large red splotches everywhere. Then I began treatment with Humira.  But I still had to take the methotrexate along with it...In the meantime my rash continued to grow.  It felt as tho my cloths were all wet.  Like I had jumped into the water.  At night time, I could not sleep because it felt as tho the bedclothes were also wet.  The Humira made me very sick so I stopped that.  I asked my doctor about the rash but he continued to state that it was a skin disorder and I should visit a dermatologist which I did on 3 different occasions.  Of course the dermatologist said he could not find the reason for the rash after trying a couple of ointments.  So on April 19, 2009 I stopped taking all my drugs.  Nothing.  My rash started to clear up immediately and after informing my doctor about it he said this.  "" Well, I guess I have been poisoning you all these years""..  I was right and he was wrong.  My RA doctor advised against stopping the drugs and said things would get much worse.  Well low and behold, I feel better today than I have for years.  Yes I still have RA but at least I know what I am doing with the over the counter drugs I buy.  I am taking Omega 3 fish oil and 1000mgs of acetaminophen every day at 10:00 AM.  That's all I take.  I hope you find the proper treatment for your condition.  I find it very difficult to trust any doctor anymore.  They make $500,000 per year just writing prescriptions and still complain.