left hand and finger swelling
For the past 4 months my left fingers and hand have been swollen.  I stopped drinking any diet sodas about a week ago and began drinking only water.  My calf and ankle areas are also "throbbing" like they are swollen.  I have two older brothers, both with rheumatoid arthritis.  One brother is disabled from the RA and the other brother came down with Wegners (?) which attached his lungs and he nearly died.  He still takes a chemo pill on a regular basis.  I have not been tested for RA.  I am 52 years old, in good health, not overweight.  I take vitamins on a regular basis.  I LOVE bread..but I can't imagine that's a problem.  What areas should I be concerned with regarding the swelling.  It's not like it goes away.  The only difference is during the day there are times it actually hurts me.

Thank you

This discussion is related to fingers swelling is it arthritis?.
Hello. I think it is time to get tested for RA and have this checked out.  Your doctor should probably screen you for the other autoimmune disorders too.  With your family history and your symptoms, I would suggest you not put it off any longer.  The sooner they dx it and treat it, the better the prognosis.  And who knows, maybe it will be something completely different and not autoimmune related at all?  I hope that it is completely treatable and not long term.  I have RA and that is my hope for everyone.  Please let us know what you find out.