leg numbness
13 years ago during my first pregnancy,  I developed leg numbness.  It ran from hip to knee on outside of thigh.  The feeling did not go down past knee or into buttock.  Now 13 years later,  this has gradually come back full force.  It had let up a while after the birth of first baby---I did have it during second baby but, once again it went away after birth.  I have arthritis in my shoulders so could the arthritis cause this old nerve damage to flare up again?  If I stand for too long the numbness turns to cold/burning tingling sensation just on oustide of left thigh, then goes into upper leg. Now I am also developing varicose veins in that same leg.  I have put on about 25 pounds and was wondering if it's that extra weight causing the problems.   This leg also seems slightly swollen because of the varicose veins.  Could you please help me?
I haven't had experience with this but would suspect there is some kind of nerve damage, pressure being placed on the area (check for internal inflammation or even ovarian cysts), or a circulatory problem.  Do get to your doctor to have it checked out as soon as possible.