massages
Is it ok to have deep massages to ease pain with polymyalgia rheumatica?
For some it does.  Be sure you are seeing a trained massage therapist.  You might find more relief with one who practices myofascial release.
I am going to a Chiropractor now - 4 visits.   I  have tried all kinds of doctors including a Rheumatoid doctor which is the one that determined the polymyalgia rheumatica.  I cannot tolerate  the harsh/powerful meds he wanted to give me.  The Chiro gives me a great massage and he told me I would feel tired and very sore after (which I DO).   He also said it would take time.   This last visit was very painful and I suffered for 5 days after instead of only 1 1/2 days.   I know if I don't move and only sit or lay (which is all I do) I will only grow worse in time.

I don't know what myofascial release is????  What type of health care products; where do I get Traditional Chinese Medicine??????     I will ask the Chiro today when I go to him.

Thanks so much for your input.  Any help is welcomed.
I just came home from visit to Chiropractor and I asked him about myofascial release.   He said that is what I have been doing to you.   So, I guess I am on the right path.   He told me it will take many visits and I should drink lots of water.   I am willing to  hang in there even though he HURTS me a lot.
ronjoy, it shouldn't hurt.  Ask the chiro to go gentler or else find a registered massage therapist to perform the therapy.