Arthritis Community
naproxen

naproxen

Hope you are having a good day.
I went to my arthritis doctor Friday.
She looked at my back x rays and my pelvic x ray. I do not have arthritis. I do have degenerative disc.disease.the doctor said every one over 50 has this condition.
I   have a pulled muscle
The doctor gave me Naproxen for swelling and inflammation, it seems to also help my pain.
Do you know how long it takes to work? I was told to use it two weeks to a month.
Thank You
Your comments are very mush appreciated.
Tags: naproxen
Glad to hear it is not arthritis but degenerative disc disease is not fun either.  It sounds like the Naproxen is already helping you.  Honestly, as many people as I talk to that are on Naproxen, all of them are taking it for arthritis (myself included) and it is part of a long term therapy.  I hope that your pain does resolve within 2 weeks to a month and that you are able to stop taking Naproxen at that time.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  I hope you will report back that you are pain free no later than a month from now!