Arthritis Community
nausea, dizziness, light sensitivity, memory problems, cold hands/feet,...

nausea, dizziness, light sensitivity, memory problems, cold hands/feet, joint and muscle aches, ect...HELP!

I am a 26 y-o- Female. For the past 3 months now I have been having strange symptoms like nausea, dizziness (extreme at times), headache behind the eye and sensitivity to light, joint/muscle aches and stiffness mostly in hands and feet but occassionally like a full body flu-type attack, weakness in wrists, cold feet and hands that feel like they are plunged in ice water whenever I take a hot bath/shower, constant feeling of cold so that I just can't get warm, occasional hot flashes and chills, exhaustion and sleepiness all day but hard to stay asleep, and memory problems/disorientation like a brain "fog", flashes and shadows out of the corner of my eyes, and some other symptoms not listed. I have a history of Graves Disease diagnosed at 12 years old and treated for several years with PTU. I had a relapse at the age of 18 and had radioactive ablation of the thyroid done. I have recently seen a rhuematologist due to a slightly elevated RH factor (14) and he drew more labs to detect Lupus and other autoimmune connective tissue disorders, all of which came out negative or normal including the CCP test for rheumatoid arthritis. Though my TSH levels have been hard to keep stable (recently miscarried at 8 weeks with a TSH of 40), this last test was normal (Currently taking thyroxin 100 mcgs and Cytomel 10 mcgs) including antibody and FT4 and FT3 levels. Blood count and lIver tests were also normal. Xrays of hands and chest were normal. Opthamologist visit reported normal eyes except for slight dryness. Other than these, I have a history of repeated low vit D levels, atypical PCOS as determined by cystic ovaries on ultrasound and borderline insulin resistence, but no androgenic factors. I go to neurology in a month's time and also back to rheumatology. I know there are autoimmune disorders of the nervous system that can cause some of these symptoms, but I have not noticed numbness or nerve-like pains or extreme muscle weakness that seem to be found in most of them. I know it is possible that I have the early stages of rhuematoid arthritis as I do have a family history of it, but some of these symptoms don't seem to fit. Any ideas about what could be going on with me and further testing I need to pursue? Thank you.
I also belong to the thyroid community on this site and this seems more a question to post over there. From reading lots of thyroid posts, my first guess is that your thyroid levels may not be right for you. There are quite a few on that board that are very knowledgable on the levels, and proper medications. You also mention dry eyes - that could be a symptoms of Sjogren's Syndrome - another auto-immune. Grave's and RA are both auto-immune, and unfortunatley - having one is almost an open invitation to the others to "join the party".

I strongly suggest you copy/paste this question in the Thyroid Community. There are many over there going through the same thing.
Best of Luck!
D.
Your symptoms sound just like mine. I also have a vitamin d deficiency and had a miscarriage at six weeks.my symptoms are worst than ever so I can't type for too long. I have some info. That might help. If you want you can call me (916) 678-9889.