numbness in fingers
Hi, I am 26 years old woman. For the last 6 weeks or so, I feel strong sensation of pins and needles and numbness in my thumb of left leg mainly on the outer side. Two weeks ago, I started to feel strong sensations of pins and needles in my little finer and ring finger of both hands. Few days after that, I started to feel burning sensations in outer side of the palm and forearm. I went to doctor (just general practitioner) week ago, had blood tested (everything seemed ok, not pregnancy, not diabetes, etc.) and was examined. Doctor said that it can be compressed ulnar nerves on hands and wrong shoes on leg and told me to wait for 6 weeks. But I am worried that this can be something else. It is common to have compressed ulnar nerves on both hands? I work as housekeeper 6 hours per day, little bit of lifting stuffs but nothing too heavy. My mother had rheumatoid arthritis... can this be connected?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular issues, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine issues, metabolic causes etc. Though bilateral compressed nerves is not common it could be a possible cause. Arthritis does not usually present with pins/ needles sensation, while RA would tend to be more chronic. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!