Arthritis Community
pain deep in the top of my arm

pain deep in the top of my arm

I have severe pain in the top of both arms when I go to bed I swtch from side to side all night

This discussion is related to Upper arm pain.
My husband's problem began exactly that way.  And after many doctors he was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica.  A close cousin to rheumatoid arthritis.  At first they thought it was "frozen shoulder syndrome" not.  After the shoulders then the groin area pains and back began.  It got so bad until they gave him methotrexate and steroid medication.  Shoulder pains can come from many sources like your cervical area of spine, etc.  So I would suggest ruling out some form of arthritis or spine issues to start.  Good luck to you.
Yes, I was diagnosed with PMR (Polymyalgia Rheumatica) recently and results from a complete blood test.  The doctor has put me on Prednisone as it is the only drug that will help with PMR.  My pain started over 10 months ago with neck and arms hurting and burning so badly I thought I might have a pinched nerve.  I am not looking forward to the side effects of Prednisone steriods, but it seems the only alternative.  The doctor told me I might be on it for 18-24 months with a close watch every 4-6 weeks from my doctor.  Hope this helps.