pain in crease of my right leg
i have been going to a ortho dr for two weeks for a pain i have in the crease of my right leg right in the front. the pain is so bad sometimes i have trouble standing or sleeping. anyway they took xrays and mri on my right hip and said they found nothing so next week i am to go for mri of my back and they said if that doesn;t show anything they will do exploritor surgery and see if i need hip replacement . i don;t like the idea of them going in and  not knowing what they are going to do. should i get a second opion or go to a different type dr. i really need input on this as i hurt all the time now
I would definitely seek a second opinion.  The location of the pain seems unusal for a hip problem.  It may be a tendon tear or something of that nature that is not showing up on the MRI.  I am not a doctor, but for pain in that location, the back does not seem like the next logical place to examine.  Did they take a close look at your SI joints?  They can sometimes be associated with pain referring to that location.
thank u so much i agree i do not see where it would have anything to do with my back. in your opinion do u think i should seek another ortho dr or a different type if so what type
I would see an ortho for sure.  Thinking about it, if the MRI of your back were focused on the area where your spine meets your hips, the SI joints, then there might be a benefit to the MRI of your back.  I would definitely get a second or even a third opinion before I let any doctor do exploratory surgery.  Please keep us posted!