Arthritis Community
pain in the arm

pain in the arm

what could this be? i'm experiencing severe pain on my left arm, at first i thought iwas just ordinary arthritis, but i'm seeing a doctror, no diagnosed yet, i was just given medications, if the medication will not take effect i will be advised to have MRI. help me.
pls help me
I am sorry you are hurting.  Can you provide more information about what you are experiencing as that will help the accuracy of any feedback.  Where in your arm does it hurt?  Does it hurt in the muscle or the joints?  What kind of pain is it?  Is it better or worse with use?  Does it hurt in the morning then get better or does it hurt less in the morning than later in the day?  What have you tried to relieve the pain and what results have you had?  What medication have they put you on?  
If the pain comes from the shoulder joint down, look into polymyagia rheumatica. It usually starts in the hips and shoulders but my most extreme pain was in my left arm. You are supposed to be old to get this, but like most auto-immune diseases, it's on the rise. I came down with it at 58 and suffered for a year and a half before I found it on a website and asked a rheumatologist for help. Good news is: 3 mg of prednisone took away the symptoms in 48 hours and it may go away on its own in a couple of years.
thank you....it is more like in the lower left shoulder but above the elbow, my doctor gave me, celebrex, myonal and gabix...the meds are working on it...but still it hurts...my doctor says it must have been the nerves...i cannot work well, my work is more on encoding...whole day in the computer.
hello, i'm only 31 yrs old...you are right it started at the back of my shoulder, then went down to my arm it is somwhere below the shoulder and above the elbow (left arm).