Aa
A
A
Close
pain under shoulder blade severe when lying down
I have been experencing pain under shoulder blade when I lie down to sleep, Tenderness in ribs and paiin under ribs in front. Seems to spasm at times and unable to roll over in bed without severe pain . This happens within 5 minutes of lying down and is better when I move around. This has gone on for several months. If I lie on left side its ok until i move. only other symptom is hip joint pain any suggestions as to what this is? I also have difficulting bending on rt side.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation, it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered for scapular/ rib pain include pleuritis, periostitis, nerve impingement/ pressure, muscle sprain, tendon/ ligament injuries/ inflammation etc. Hip pain could be caused by infections/ inflammations, bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, capsulitis, ligament/ tendon tears, growths/ tumours, nerve impingement, avascular necrosis, fractures, dislocations, etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you may try some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see if these are helpful for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
went today to see dr I have spasm of the Latissimus Dorsi and bursitis in hip . Thanks for the recommendations!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
But was he right?  Mine said the same thing, for the EXACT same back symptoms (exact to the letter!) , and the meds did nothing.  Please advise if meds worked, and what meds they were.  Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703