scar tissue after knee surgery?
I had a knee replacement surgery last year, and due to difficulty bending the knee, I recently had arthroscopic surgery to remove scar tissue. Now a month later, my knee hardly bends at all, and the doctor says that there is heterotropic ossification on the top part of the joint. I can't find much information about this or the prognosis. Does anyone know where to look? I am not on medcation and have stopped physical therapy for 4 weeks.

This discussion is related to On-going Pain after Knee replacement surgery.
Hey there,
My hubby had knee surgery and my dad had knee replacement surgery.One of the key things with the knees and the surgeries required for various issues is scar tissue and mobility.I learned from researching and from an excellent physiotherapist and surgeo that after surgery you have to try and keep the ligaments,muscles & tissues moving.They tend to stiffen right up and scar badly if you don't do consistant massage on it and cold pack it for 15 mins to keep the swelling down.Elevation above your heart and excersises proved very helpful as well.It will be painful to do some of these things but apparently it's supposed to hurt a bit,not a lot just a bit.I am not sure if this info may be of use to you but so far this is what helped the 2 in my family.I hope that things turn out better for you,good luck and take care.