sed rate for children
My 9 yr old has a sed rate of 14.  She has feet pain on a regular basis and the doctors cannot find any problems by looking at her MRI  What is the normal sed rate for her age and how informative is that piece of information?
Sed rate for children should be less than 10.  It is a marker for inflammation. My child had an elevated sed rate and foot problems  that led us to find out that she has Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis.  There are also other things that cause an elevated SED rate.
My son has a sed rate of 18, I only know this after taking him in for numbness in his legs from the hip to the knee.  The doctor doesn't seem extremely concerned but does want us to come back in 10 days after I've kept him on an advil regimen.  He has also had prolonged back pain on and off not consistent...  What do you think we are looking at and what direction should I expect our dr. to go in??