Arthritis Community
signs in fingers grandma had...bent fingers

my grandmother had fingers that were 'bent' now at 62 my fingers,especially my little finger,the joint holding the fingernail,has started a journey which is bending toward my ring finger. My joints on my fingers have grown over the years. Once as an adult woman I wore a 4 1/2 and now I am close to,if not really,just about a seven. Some days I can't wear my smaller rings,size 6 and then other days my larger rings feel too big...so I can't win. Surely,the joints show a sign of arthritis...don't they? I am NOT a large fan of salt...for years I NEVER had salt in my house...then after decades I did. Now,once again I am not using salt and or seasonings that contain it in the mix. There are times salt can't be avoided but I laugh when I read labels where ONE serving contains around 1,000 mg. SCAREY to me.  
You should be seen by a rheumatologist.  They can put a stop to the deterioration of your joints and help you to keep your function.  Some types of arthritis (there are over 100 types) can affect other areas of your body too.  Swelling can be due to the arthritis.