swelling in neck
I have swelling at bottom of neck - sort of between clavicle and shoulder muscle - I have mild problems in cervical spine - the swelling isn't painful - it's sort of spongey, - has anyone else experienced this?
YES!  I have been asking doctors what this is for a long time and no one can give me an answer.  For me, when it swells, it does hurt.  I guess it is from the neck because I have two herniated discs in my neck.

I just don't get why doctors cannot give an answer.
LaserSpineInstitute.com

Also, massage and chiropractic can bring relief and diminish the problem, if you find the right chiro.
I have the same problem and no doctors can tell me what it is either. I have M/S but it's not related susposedly. I have had trigger point injections that seem to help with the pain in my shoulder but it doesn't last long. Mine only hurts at the base of my neck and in my left shoulder by my shoulder blade. The spot on my shoulder blade actually gets sore to the touch.