tramadol for RA
I was diagnosed with RA over a year ago and it's taken quite a bit of time to get things mostly under control.  I take plaquenil and methotrexate.  I also take 4 tramadol a day for chronic pain relief, throughout the day.  Is that a lot of tramadol?  It doesn't alleviate all the pain but it makes it tolerable and I can function.  Whenever I try to cut back I get the incessant burning and aching in my joints where I can't sit still or sleep and I can never get comfortable.
The maximum dose is 400mg a day, if your taking 50mg pills 4 would be 200mg, so your taking half the daily maximum. But a word of caution, this stuff can be very addictive for some people, even at low doses. Your body's become use to it, that's why you have the pain when you try to cut back. If you want to get off of it, you're going to have to taper it down gradually, and it might take some time.

If you want to stop, post over on the addiction forum and ask for someone to help you with a taper plan. If you don't want to post over there, just PM me, and I'll get you one.

Take Care