Arthritis Community
unexplained joint and muscle pain

unexplained joint and muscle pain

It started 2 weeks ago in my neck and upper back and shoulders....tightness and pain.  I told myself it was just due to the air conditioning, I think not now.  The pain shows up where ever it wants too..different places all the time.  Shoulders, hands, wrists,fingers, knees, legs.  At times it is hard to use my hands and have even had difficulty walking.  Doc says he don't know...its just something I'm going to have to work thru....he did take blood and all my blood work has come back perfectly normal.  I need to do something, this pain is effecting my life.

This discussion is related to unexplained traveling joint pain/muscle fatigue.
This could be a type of auto-immune arthritis.  And with these it can take some time for your blood work to show positive.  Insist on being seen by a rheumatologist.  Good luck.
TrudieC is absolutely right.  Have you had a recent infection?  Even if you have not, this definitely warrants further investigation.  Early diagnosis is key.  Please let us know what you find out.
Can that just hit you like a ton of bricks so sudden???   I did call my Dr. today and told him I would take him up on his offer to go see a rheumatologist.  Actually yes.....I had a really bad UTI and was on antibiotics about 6 weeks ago.
Yes, it can hit you that way.  You are fine one day and then bamn!  Good luck!  Come back and let us know how it goes.
Please do let us know what you find out.  I am glad you are going to see a rheumy.  Be sure to check the post at the top of this forum regarding rheumy appts.  It will help you be prepared.
That makes a lot of sense.  Recently there was another member of our forum who linked high protein shakes to his pain.  Congrats on the weight loss, but I think avoiding the shakes may be the best thing for you now.  
So I tried to get a rheumatology appt today.....I told her my Dr just told me to call....she said...NO  thats not how it works....she said they were booking appts into next year.  So i called the quacks office...luckily he didn't have any openings so they hooked me up with a different Dr to see.....he was decent and actually listened with some concern.....he ordered a bunch of blood work....8 vials of blood work....gezzz...I sure hope they find out something.......I asked him what he thought it might be and he said...well......if I had to guess I would sy its..Polymyalgia Rheumatica.....I read up on this condition.....I DON'T WANT IT...#1 I cant take steroids...I have a really bad reaction to them.....I have to work 50 hours a week and its getting difficult....I'm only 47 years old....I'm too young for all this darn pain....it just needs to go away.
My Rheumatology appt is Aug 31.......but I will be calling to get my results of the blood work before that...so thats been my day....going to get some food in me and take my motrin and hope it helps let up some pain today.
Well from the 8 tubes of  blood they took they found out that my liver function test were  very high, but they still don't know why.....they tookanother tube of blood and scheduled me for a liver ultrasound Monday morning.
I am new to this forum.I have always had paining legs and hips.This past few months the pain has gone into my shoulders,then arms,then wrists ,hands and also feet and ankles.Pretty much everywhere.I feel like I have a very high fever but only around 99.3F.I am also extremely tired.I have 2 little boys and I cannot keep up with them anymore.My feet are also cold.I have the heat on in the house cause the cold makes my pain so much worse.I feel like I am an old lady.I am only 33.I feel like I get worse everyday.Yesterday was the worst.I had to just lay donw and that even hurt me.I cannot sleep at night cause of the pain.Does anyone have any suggestions.My reg.dr did blood work for RA things and lupus and it came back negative.He thinks it might be fibromyalgia.I am seeing a Rhumetologist on the 27 Oct.I feel I wont last that long.I am taking aleve twice a day but it really is like taking candy.Not helping at all.any ideas would be welcome.