A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

unexplained joint pain

My daughter (age 23) started experiencing joint pain several months ago, while working in Africa. When she returned home she was tested for parasites, found positive, and took the course of medication. Recently, the joint pain in her knees and wrists got much worse. Also waves of  fatigue. The joint pain gets worse with use and there is sometimes sharp pain to the point of agony. Very little swelling, occasionally one wrist will swell. Celebrex helps with the aches but not the sharper pains. Her blood workup doesn't show much. Rheumatoid factor of 27, ANA positive with titer of 1:40, Sed rate slightly elevated ...but other than that everything looks normal. She is also taking Effexor and has been for  8 months now. What other tests should we have run? Could she still have parasites after the treatment? Could it be drug induced arthritis from the Effexor? There is a family history of Hashimoto's thyroiditis but all those tests were negative. Also, my mother has gout but my daughter's blood urea level was normal. We don't know what to do and the next appointment we can get with a rheumatologist is 2 months out. She is very debilitated and can barely work. thank you for any suggestions you can make.