upper leg pain
I am in great pain in my upper left leg from the very top where it connects to the hip and it goes down to my knee. This started two days ago and I'm taking Advil for pain but the pain is pretty severe and doesn't go away. it wakes me up  around 4 am and I almost cry like a baby from the pain and I'm 64 years of age. I never hurt myself , fell or anythng but just woke up with it two days ago. I am unemployed with out any insurance and can't see a Free Doctor until tomorrow evening. Do you have any ideas as to what it is ? Please Help if you can as it is painful.  I've been using a heating pad and taking Advil every four hours and pain doesn't go away.

This discussion is related to extreme pain in left leg.
By now you have probably already gone to the free doc, at least I hope you have!  It is a misery to be in such pain.  If you have seen the doc, what did he/she say?  If not, you should go since you are in such pain.