what causes elevated IgG anticardiolipin levels
I have had two miscarriages in the last year and in the process of dealing with these my doctor noticed i have a septum down the middle of my uterus. My doctor sent me to a fertility doctor for the surgery. The fertility doctor did not want to do the surgery until he ruled out all other possibilities for misscarrying. Well yesterday I found out that my IgG anticardiolipin level was 86. Apparently it is supposed to be below 20. My doctor spoke with other doctors in his practice and he said they have never seen levels this high. I am just curious as to what causes this and how it will affect my pregnancy and my life as I get older. I already know that I will be on heparin shots twice a day while I am pregnant but that is all I really know. The doctor gave me few answers. After reading all these posts on the website I am freaking out. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

This discussion is related to IGM anticardiolipin.
You need to MAKE your doctor explain everything to you in plain English. There's no excuse for him not making sure you know exactly what's going on. If he won't do it, find another doctor who will. Write down your list of questions before you do in, and take notes during your appointment (or take along a friend who will while you listen).

YOU are your own best health advocate. The web is a great resource for information, but it's not always accurate or just the sheer volume of info can be overwhelming. mayoclinic.com is one of the best.