Arthritis Community
what should i do?

what should i do?

So i had reconstrucctive acl surgery in 2009 but tore my acl in 2006. now the doctor said at the time i had arthritis like and 80 year old but they did what they could. since the surgery its been okay but I'm not allowed to do high impact or walk or staand to long. the issue is my other knee has been getting worse. it swells and it gets so uncomfortable that i cant sleep due to it sometimes. I'm not sure what to do for the pain or if i should see a doctor. I'm only 21
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Was there history of trauma to this knee? If pain medications are not helping, it is recommended that you have this examined by your doctor for proper evaluation. Additional diagnostic tests such as blood tests and imaging studies may also be done.Treatment will also depend on the underlying issue. Take care and do keep us posted.