whom to consult... orthopaedic or neurologist for degenerative spondylitis?
I have recently been diagnosed with Degenrative spondylitis. This showed in one of my Xrays... I am all of 31 years of age and looking at taking an alternate opinion. I have been consulting and orthopaedic and want to check if i should go ahead and consult a spine specialist Ortho or a Neurologist?
Have you seen a rheumatologist?
If you have Degenerative SpondyLITIS, you will want to see a Rheumatologist. If you have Degenerative SpondyLOSIS, you will want to see an Orthopaedic Dr. or a Neurologist. I, personally have CDDD (Cervical Degenerative Disk Disease) and had spondylosis on C5-C6 and eventually had an ACDF performed by a Neurosurgeon to correct the problem. I first went to an Ortho Dr. for treatment until I was no longer receiving any relief from injections and the pain was unbearable. I then saw a Neurologist when I decided to have the surgery to hopefully correct my problem, in which it did. :0)

Currently I suffer from both OA and Spondylitis, which has thankfully NOT Ankylosed yet. Good luck and I hope you get relief soon.
Wow, thanks jolara...I learn something new every day! :)