Arthritis Community
why are my feet killing me

why are my feet killing me

Why are my feet killing me every time I get into bed
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation, it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities include fractures, ligament/ tendon injuries, infections, inflammations like fasciitis etc, spur formation, heel fat pad syndrome, arch issues etc. It is advised to consult a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile it is advised to rest the foot and avoid weight bearing. You could also use some OTC NSAIDS for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
I have this problem, too - for some reason I get terrible spasms in my feet at night. Try eating a banana within an hour before bedtime - the extra potassium might help. This helped me some but not a lot, so I resorted to a 500mg potassium supplement at bedtime. I would caution you to do your research before trying this, and consult with your doctor, as a potassium imbalance could have cardiac side effects.

I find it also helps to keep a heating pad set on low down at the foot of my bed by my feet. The gentle heat can help. In addition, a neoprene or elastic ankle brace that slips over the foot can provide gentle support and keep the foot warm.

Hope this helps!
You do not say in which way your feet are killing you when you get into bed.

It could be any of the reasons mentioned by S.Kaul MD, above, or you may have peripheral nerve damage, especially if you are glucose intolerant or are diabetic.

My husband suffers from feet problems when he gets in to bed and that is due to nerve damage from his diabetes.

I suffer from feet problems, from a lot of the conditions the MD mentions in his posting, but also referred pain from my spine which gives me sensations of pins and needles. As well as due to nerve damage from being glucose intolerant.

It is only until a doctor examines you that you will be to find out the cause of the problem.  I may help to have some insolves in your shoes, but it won't help if it is due to nerve damage or reffered pain from the lower spine.