Another infant safety question...sorry.
So my quest to keep my baby as safe as possible continues.  On the weekend I bought the Angel Baby Monitor.  It had very high consumer ratings however a friend gave me some conflicting info.  Basically this monitor monitors both sound and movement (breathing from chest rising and falling).  If he doesn't move for 20 seconds an alarm goes off.   You can also set the recommended room temperature and if the room gets to hot, it alerts you.  I thought it was a great idea, but a friend of mine told me the alarm in hers seemed to go off all the time for no reason...again, no problem with sleep deprivation, I have accepted that will be a reality for awhile, but wondering if any of you had any opinions in terms of the quality of this monitor, or have used something similar.  Thanks again everyone, I truly appreciate your opinions and advice.
We have that monitor and actually like it.  There is a sensitivity setting, so maybe your friend had it set too high.  The only times ours went off was when my dd was able to move around the crib and got too far in the corner.  The funny thing was, my dh and I just about had a heart attack, and she slept through it.  That happened three times, if I remember correctly.
i am a pretty paranoid person, but didn't bother with that. the baby slept right next to me in the bassinet and i'm a light sleeper. i have read that it doesn't actually prevent SIDS (if the baby stopped breathing due to actual "SIDS" you wouldn't be able to resesitate anyways), but i suppose it could help prevent other types of infant death like suffocation or death due to apnea. If it will give peace of mind, then go for it. If it's annoying you can always sell it on craigslist.
I heard these monitors make too many false alarms so I never got one.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
AnnieBrooke commented on need a title -
Feb 08
AnnieBrooke commented on specialmom's status
Jan 28
mami1323 commented on New life, New beginni...
Jan 21