Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
3months no period. And now more then week long period
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3months no period. And now more then week long period

I have not had a period for 3 months. And I got my period Jan 5th, today is Jan 16th and I still have my period and has not slowed down. Just yesterday I started feeling sick at random times and feeling like throwing up (mainly at night and mornings) I'm 18 years old turning 19 this year. I'm sexually active and had sex during my period. Can Simone please give me an idea of what could be happening? Thank you for your time
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Your period definitely sounds irregular.  Also, a period that is heavy and lasts more than a week is concerning.   YOu should call your ob/gyn and make an appointment to see him/her.  There are a lot of possible causes for your irregular period, so you should definitely get checked out ASAP.   Good luck.

Bridget
4 Comments
Blank
*someone
Blank
Go to the Emergency Room.
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
That is what I would do.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034