Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Advice

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Advice

I have just found out I am pregnant again but I was on the pill then came off it and took a pregnancy test before going on the patch, was negative so I started my patch and 4 days of being on the patch I took it off because I had cramps! Waited for my period and it didn't come, I did 4 tests and it said I'm pregnant! I don't understand how, I'm really worried that the patch had some effect on the baby? Isn't it dangerous or? The next available app I could get for the midwife is 5th march but she's calling me on the 5th of feb! Anyone got any advice? I've started taking my folic acid and vitamins :)
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Your midwife can answer all of your questions, but I would not be too concerned about the patch having any affect on your baby.  There are many women who take medication without knowing yet that they are pregnant.  Try not to worry too much and congratulations  on your pregnancy!

Good luck, Bridget