Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Anxiety medication

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Anxiety medication
Can Prozac give you a negative pregnancy test result?
Thanks for using the forum.

A pregnancy test looks for the presence of the hormone hCG in urine. hCG is produced by the placenta, and is therefore only present during pregnancy. Prozac should not affect the accuracy of a home pregnancy test.

If you have had a negative oregnancy test, but think you may actually be pregnant, I recommend testing again. A home pregnancy test is most accurate at least one week after the first day of the missed period.  This gives the hormone levels time to rise high enough to be detected in the urine. Additionally you should test using the first urine in the morning as this is usually the most concentrated and therefore has the highest level of hormone.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

Cathy
Just go to the doctor if you dont know your prego or not
No prozac doesn't mess with your hcg levels if you were pregnant you'd get a positive